Samsung Vibrant and Fascinate acquire Android 2.2 in Canada before the rest
at 11:30 pm, December 27th 2010.
With Froyo recieving less attention than Gingerbread in the spotlight lately, some Android users with anything less will undoubtedly feel left behind. Fortunately, Samsung’s Galaxy S line in Canada is currently receiving 2.2 updates for the Telus Fascinate and on three versions of the Vibrant sold by Virgin Mobile, Bell, and SaskTel.Only time will tell whether the official Samsung update to 2.2 or a stable fan-made ROM will reach these US phones first. There is already a decent ROM made by developers “Team Whiskey” for the T-Mobile Vibrant titled I Can’t Believe It’s Not Gingerbread that has proved to be substantially stable. Other updates are soon to follow.
Make a comment
Merry Christmas, Phandroids (Favorite Gift?)!
at 1:42 am, December 26th 2010.
I just wanted to take a moment to wish all our Christmas celebrators a very Merry Christmas. I’ll be celebrating with my family as I know Kevin, Quentyn, Tyler, Talton, and many others will be as well.
Just a warning: you won’t see much news activity over the next day or two, but I’m sure there will be a TON of people with shiny new Androids visiting our Android Forums. We’ve got a forum for pretty much every Android you can imagine including a Galaxy Tab Forum, Google TV Forum, Nexus S Forum, EVO 4G Forum, Droid Pro Forum, NOOK Color Forum… I mean you want it, we’ve got it… or we’ll make it!
So come on over, introduce yourself, and join in the conversation! Oh… and have a Merry Christmas!
PS: What’s the best gift you received? How about gave?
Make a comment
Get Android for Christmas? Here's how to get started with your new phone
at 1:38 am, December 26th 2010.
So you just unwrapped our first Android phone, eh? Welcome to the world of smartphones. Whether you're upgrading from a feature phone, or switching to the greatest smartphone platform around, we know things can be a little overwhelming at first. But we're here to help. Welcome, and here are a few links to help get you started!
* The Android Dictionary: You'll likely want to check back here often. It's a list of commonly used terms in the Android community.
* Find your phone: There are dozens of Android phones available today. Use our device guide to find news and information specific to yours.
* Apps, apps and more apps: Now that you have your phone, you're going to need some apps. We review apps on a regular basis, and you can find them here.
* Tips and tricks: Your phone is full of cool features -- some obvious, some not. We've got a plethora of tips and tricks we've learned over the years.
* Rooting: What is rooting? Should you root, and how do you do it? We've got your complete guide to rooting your phone.
* Accessories: Now that you've got your phone, you should check out a case, or a spare battery or headset. And the Android Central Store has everything you could possibly need.
* Community forums: The best source of Android help and information comes from you folks, the readers. And we've got the best Android Forums around. Don't be afraid to ask questions -- you'll be amazed and how everyone's eager to help
So congrats on your new phone, and welcome to the Android family! We're glad to have you!
Make a comment