Standard Poodle Club Forum

Standard Poodle

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
How to buy and store spices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Standard Poodle Club Forum Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thepast698

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: How to buy and store spices Reply with quote

Hello there,

Buy whole spices when possible: Ground spices lose their potency quickly, while whole spices like black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and mustard seed can be kept for up to two years and still pack plenty of flavor. Whole spices are more versatile, too, since you can use them whole in soups and stews, or grind them yourself for sautes and curries.

Replenish your spices from the bulk section: Spices sold in glass jars are significantly more expensive than spices from the bulk section of the grocery store. Once you've emptied out your jarred spices, replenish them with bulk spices for a fraction of the cost. Another benefit of buying in bulk: You can purchase smaller amounts, so you won't be tossing out spices that you use infrequently.

Store in a dark, cool place: The best way to store spices is in airtight containers kept in a dark cabinet, where there's minimal exposure to light and heat. If you store your spices on an exposed spice rack, keep your spices in metal tins instead of clear glass jars, since light can zap the flavor out of spices.

Toast and grind them yourself: Toasting accentuates the flavor of spices. Just toss whole spices like fennel seeds into a skillet and agitate them until you smell their intense aroma. Then grind the spices in a spice grinder or a coffee grinder dedicated to spices (you don't want your next pot of coffee to taste like last night's curry – trust us!).

Know when to toss out old spices: Ground spices and dried herbs should be replaces after just six to nine months, and whole spices should be tossed after a couple of years. Use a piece of masking tape to mark the bottom of each bottle of spice, dating when it was purchased. Then set aside one day each year – like National Herb and Spices Day – to go through your spices and get rid of the old ones that have lost their flavor.

Thanks
junedavis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: impeccable writers. Reply with quote

if one wants some help in completing their essays, assignments, research paper, term paper and so on. They can try write my essay for me . They are best in the industry. They are known for authentic work and the top notch quality.
The writers are qualified and they have experience form various fields. Thus they can write on any given topic. The prices of their services are nominal and the delivery is done on time. They do not focus on the money, but on the 100% customer satisfaction. All one needs to do is give the writers topic, an get a customized work.
For more information visit the page.
thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Standard Poodle Club Forum Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: