Members Interactive Message Board

Class 90 Electric Loco Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Members Interactive Message Board Forum Index -> FAQs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:21 am    Post subject: 90036 Reply with quote

Hello, I was wondering, does anyone know exactly when 90036 was painted into the yellow version of the RFD livery it carried though the 1990s and up until 2012??
I seem to have got it into my head that was painted circa 1991/92, but when??

Also, I am led to beleive that it was an experimental version of RFD and had no connection with the locos painted in the foreign liveries for the Freightconnection Exhibition, making it the poor relation to them (It always surprises me just how quickly people have forgotten about it. I really liked it along the German and Belgian versions, even if it was closer to the French example).

Is this true, and if so, was it genuinely just an experiment, or was it painted for some other reason??

Finally, why on earth was it not repainted until 2012, and does this loco hold the record for the longest time a livery has been carried by a class 90??

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Members Interactive Message Board Forum Index -> FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: