Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:46 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 5th February 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 5th February 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90035 and 90037 worked a footex charter between Euston-Liverpool South Parkway-Liverpool in top and tail mode on a mix set of MK2s at the end of the week on the 11/2/17. In addition, 90037 was fresh out of store on the same day.
2. 90048 and 90049 could be found in a working pair this week, which involved working 4S83 and 4L81 between Basford Hall-Coatbridge-Basford Hall at the start of the week on the 7/2/17. They also performed 0Z93/4K93 between Basford Hall-Daventry-Basford Hall on the 11/2/17.
3. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF in order to work sleeper trains, but the number of engines on hire had reduced to two loco's which included 90042 and 90044. They primarily worked 1S25 and 1M16 on alternating evening's. However, 90044 was stopped towards the end of the week at Willesden with no cab heat, which meant only one engine was out at that point of the week.
4. On the 10/2/17, DRS dragged 90012 from Crown Point to Bounds Green via Ely, Cambridge and the Hertford North Loop for tyre turning. The loco which took the 90 to north London was 57002.
5. There were fewer pairs of DB90s in action this week due to nothing being required for 6S94. However, the 90024 & 90029 could be found in a pair this week on 4M25 and 4S47, which they duly performed every day. In addition, 90039 worked a number of passenger services for VTEC on MK4s this week to and from Leeds as well as Newark for the entire week with the exception of Saturday.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90004, 90009, 90012, 90016, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90035, 90036, 90037, 90041, 90047 and 90048. The notable reasons for the stoppages included waiting wheelset repairs and replacement; tyre turning; routine exams and heavy overhaul maintenance.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to archived news and gen pages on the main website.