Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:24 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 26th February 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 26th February 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleeper trains, but there were few workings than normal. The engines in action on the beds included 90042 and 90044 as well as 90045, but this FL90 did NOT work any trains. The services worked by the 90s at one point during the week included 1M11, 1M16, 1C11, 1B26 and 1S25.
2. 90019 made its debut for Virgin Trains East Coast in the early part of the week under the current contract arrangements. The 90 performed services between London and Leeds as well as Newark terminators. Also, 90039 was in action for VTEC on the 26th & 27th February, but made way for 90019 the day after.
3. 90003 could be found at the helm of 1P01 on the 1/3/17, but the loco ran into trouble in the Bentley area and was rescued by 66514 which dragged the train forward to Colchester where it was terminated. The stricken set was abandoned in the carriage sidings until the early evening when it was collected by 90009, which took it back to Norwich with 90003 DOR.
4. In the early hours of the 4/3/17, Freightliner sent 90046 light engine from Basford Hall to Lancaster as 1Z99 in order to rescue 86638 on 4L89 which had failed in the area with a speedo fault. The FL90 dragged the stricken train forward to Basford Hall where they were then replaced by diesel traction due to it being diverted via Peterborough.
5. Freightliner class 90s featured in pairs this week on a handful services on the West Coast Mainline. The 90s that worked in pairs were 90016 & 90049 as well as 90016 & 90043. The intermodal freight trains worked by the FL90s were 4M27 and 4S45 as well as a light engine movement which operated as 0M83. Also, 90048 re-entered traffic with FL on the 4/3/17 following wheelset replacement at Crewe TMD.
6. DB class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week too on a handful of freight trains. The 90s that worked in pairs were 90018 & 90024; 90028 & 90037 as well as 90029 & 90037. The intermodal freight trains worked by the DB90s were 4M25, 4S47, 6X65 and 6V15.
7. Over in Anglia, units were used on a number of services throughout the entire week owing to shortage of traction and rolling stock. In addition, 90004 re-entered traffic with AGA mid-week following a period of being stopped out of service at Crown Point. Finally, 90007 was involved in a category A SPAD at Shenfield on the evening of the 3/3/17.
8. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week. This included 90001, 90003, 90004, 90007, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90034, 90035, 90036, 90041, 90042, 90043, 90046, 90047, 90048 and 90049. The reasons for the stoppages included wheelset replacement; routine exams, heavy overhaul, traction motor repairs and other general wear and tear issues.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more information on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.