Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:55 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 5th March 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 5th March 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90011 was dragged from Crown Point to Bounds Green by 37419 on the 6/3/17 for tyre turning. A couple of days later (8/3/17), the GA90 was taken back to Crown Point, but this time dragged by 68002, which went via the Hertford North Loop, Cambridge and Ely.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in working pairs this week between Coatbridge-Daventry-Coatbridge. The 90s which featured in pairs included 90043 & 90046 as well as 90043 & 90048 and worked 4S45 and 4M27 for the entire week.
3. DB Class 90s continued to be hired to Virgin Trains East Coast this week - the loco's that were on hire to the TOC were 90019 & 90039. The two 90s operated a mixture of service trains at various days during the week between them. They operated services to and from Leeds as well Newark Northgate.
4. A number of the Caledonian sleepers were worked by Freightliner class 90s on hire to GBRF during most of the week. The 90s which worked on the beds were 90044 and 90045. The trains performed by the 90s at various stages of the week included 1C11, 1B26, 1M11, 1M16, 1S25 and 1S26.
5. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90005, 90014, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90034, 90035, 90036, 90041, 90046 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included heavy maintenance overhauls, wheelset changes and general wear and tear.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.