Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:33 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 12th March 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 12th March 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week between Daventry-Coatbridge-Daventry on 4S45 and 4M27. The FL90s in action as pairs were 90042 & 90046 which worked for most of the week, but were swapped over on the 16/3/17 with 90016 & 90042. In addition, 90043 worked in a pair with an 86/6 between Crewe and Coatbridge towards the end of the week - the duet performed 4S88 and then 4L81.
2. DB Class 90s also continued to work in pairs this week on the WCML working 4M25, 4S47 and 6X65. The 90s found in action as pairs included 90024 & 90040 as well as 90034 & 90037. In addition, 90019 and 90039 continued to be hired by VTEC this week, which saw both loco's out on the ECML on separate days throughout the entire week other than Saturday.
3. GBRF had 90044 and 90045 on hire for the whole week, which saw 90045 largely sat spare in Scotland until Friday when she performed 1M11 and 90044 did a handful sleeper trains the early part of the week. As the 92s are used more and more, FL90s are slowly seeing less action and this week was no exception.
4. 90049 needed to be dragged from Ipswich to Basford Hall in the early part of the week after suffering a compressor fault and low battery issues after stabling at Ipswich over the weekend. However, the technical issues were not serious as the loco re-entered traffic with FL a few days later.
5. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90003, 90005, 90011, 90014, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90035, 90036, 90041 and 90046. The key reasons for the stoppages can be attributed to routine maintenance exams; wheelset overhauls and repairs; major loco exams and general wear and tear issues.
There is nothing else that needs to be reported here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.