Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:52 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 14th May 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 14th May 2017 have been summarised below:
1. The West Coast sleepers were diverted via the ECML on the 14/5/17, which involved 90047 being used to work the Lowland sleeper 1S26 north from Wembley to Glasgow Central via the NLL, ECML and Edinburgh.
2. In a surprise move, 90037 was used for mail duties at the start of the week on the 16/5/17. The 90 worked 1E06 from Willesden RMT dragging failed 325002. The 90 returned south back to Willesden RMT the following evening with 1M80 from Low Fell, again dragging 325002.
3. Freightliner class 90s continued to work in pairs this week on the booked freight trains between Daventry-Coatbridge-Daventry, which included 90042 & 90049; 90045 & 90048; 90043 & 90048 as well as 90044 & 90042 for all or part of the week.
4. On the evening of the 19/5/17, Freightliner paired 90046 up with 866637 and they then went onto work 4S83 in multi with each other from Basford Hall to Coatbridge. Upon arrival at Coatbridge, the 90/86 duo ran light engine to Mossend for the weekend.
5. DB class 90s continued to work in pairs this week too on the booked freight trains. The pairs included 90028 & 90036 for 4M25/4S47 as well as 90019 & 90040, which worked 6V15 and 6X65 for a couple of days. In addition, 90029 & 90039 remained on hire to Virgin this week, but only 90029 made an appearance on selected days during the week.
6. 90045 re-entered traffic mid-week after being released from Crewe TMD with a new set of wheels. The 90 had been stopped out of traffic for just under a week while the changes were made.
7. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90012, 90014, 90019, 90020, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90034, 90035, 90040, 90041, 90042, 90045 and 90049. The reasons for the stoppages included general wear and tear; heavy maintenance and overhauls; wheelsets; short-term storage and other medium exams.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.