Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 6:08 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 21st May 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 21st May 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Owing to planned engineering work, the West Coast sleepers were routed via the ECML on the evening of the 21/5/17. As part of the diversions, 90047 performed 1S26 from Wembley to Glasgow Central via the NLL, ECML and Edinburgh.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF this week which included 90047 as noted above and 90016 for a few days. However, 90047 developed a fault on the 22/5/17 while working 1M11 and returned to Freightliner for repairs as did 90016. They were swapped mid-week by 90042 and 90045.
3. DB Cargo class 90s worked in pairs this week on selected freight trains, which included 90028 & 90036 operating 4M25 and 4S47. In addition, 90018 & 90019 worked a couple of freights in a working pair too.
4. 90029 was on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which worked a number of services between Lindon and Leeds as well as Newark. In addition, 90034 went to Bounds Green this week, but didn't work anything for the TOC. Finally, 90039 could also be found at Bounds Green out of service and pending transfer back to Crewe for repairs.
5. Over in Anglia engineering work continued in earnest and there were a couple of days when class 321s operated a couple of diagrams throughout the week due to poor fleet availability of class 90 traction.
6. There were a number of class 90s in nd out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90004, 90009, 90010, 90015, 90020, 90021, 90024,90026, 90035, 90041, 90043, 90045, 90047 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance, wheelset repairs and overhauls; heavy maintenance as well as general wear and tear repairs.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.