Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:55 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 4th June 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 4th June 2017 have been summarised below:
1. As part of the ongoing WCML engineering work, the sleepers were diverted via the ECML on the 4th June. The only 90 in action was 90042, which worked 1m11 from Glasgow Central to Wembley via Edinburgh; the ECML and NLL.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the Russel Trains. These were 90049 & 90044; 90043 & 90047 and 90044 with 90048 from mid-week due to 90049 requiring an exam. The trains in question were 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45.
3. DB Cargo class 90s also continued to work in pairs this week, but only one pair to report for this week, which are 90019 and 90040. These performed 4M25 and 4S47 for the whole week between Daventry-Mossend-Daventry.
4. Over in Anglia, there were some fleet issues in the early part of the week, which did see some loco-hauled trains being worked by class 321 units vice. Notable services included 1P04. In addition, 90009 and 90010 re-entered traffic this week after spending a few weeks out of service pending repairs.
5. GBRF continued to hire Freightliner class 90s this week, which saw 90042 and 90045 on a handful of services including 1S26 and 1M11 for a few days. In addition, at the end of the week, 90046 ran light engine from Crewe to Willesden and replaced 90045, which returned to Crewe for a B exam.
6. DB Cargo 90s remained on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which included 90034 and 90039. However, only 90039 was used on service trains to and from Leeds as well as Newark, but it wasn't out for all the week as they are only used on a ad-hoc basis.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90007, 90009, 90010, 90014, 90016, 90020, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90028, 90029, 90035, 90036, 90041, 90046 and 90049. The reasons for the stoppages included general maintenance; wheelset repairs; heavy overhauls; awaiting parts and cleaning.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages.