WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC

When music was good

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
Old Venues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graeme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Old Venues Reply with quote

What about the HEAVEN and HELL club in Bewsey Street. It was a group veneue for a few years but I remember going to there for Jim Brennans ballroom dancing classes (great for meeting the birds!).

Going back to the Big Band days (My Dad played in several Warrington bands) I still have pictures of him playing at the Woolson Lido with the LES BALL band. I think it was where the petrol station opposite Woolston Leigion now stands.

Graeme
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Venues Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
What about the HEAVEN and HELL club in Bewsey Street. It was a group veneue for a few years but I remember going to there for Jim Brennans ballroom dancing classes (great for meeting the birds!).

Going back to the Big Band days (My Dad played in several Warrington bands) I still have pictures of him playing at the Woolson Lido with the LES BALL band. I think it was where the petrol station opposite Woolston Leigion now stands.

Graeme

Your right Woolston Lido is the Petrol Station. My first experience of being in a Group.The pool was empty,and full of frogs. Derek Humphreys' was lead guitarist Bob Swainbank and myself played ryhthem ,No base player and dont remember the drummer and Barry (BAZ) Shaw was the singer.We only played 3 Venues 1 Wolston Lido.2 Padgate junior School on Station Road ,and Wolston Mission and were happy to play for nothing.Happy Days
Tony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Old Venues Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:

Graeme

Heaven and Hell club was run by Brian Kelly from liverpool. He had a shop in Liverpool that most groups hired out their PA systems.Before Heavan and Hell opened, myself (being a Plumber) with the rest of the BOYS piped water into Heaven to feed the Orange Squash Machine .for this service Brian gave us a Key to the front door.and we practised there. Later we became good friends with Brian, and he allowed us to buy our own PA system from him
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Venues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: