Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:33 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 30th July 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 30th July 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90013 went under her own power from Crown Point to Crewe TMD at the start of the week for a major overhaul exam. The light engine movement also had 68024 and 37422 in the consist. In addition, 90001 re-entered traffic with GA on the 30/7/17 after returning from Crewe the week before following overhaul.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the usual booked trains between Coatbridge-Daventry-Coatbridge. The pair of 90s in action for all or part of the week were 90043 & 90044; 90016 & 90045 as well as 90046 & 90048. Note that 90016 & 90045 replaced 90043 & 90044 on the 3/8/17.
3. 90034 ran light engine from Bounds Green to Doncaster Yard towards the end of the week on the 3/8/17, presumably enroute to Crewe effect no longer on hire to VTEC. In addition, 90036 worked several passenger trains for VTEC this week including trips to Leeds and Newark.
4. GBRF continued to hire 90s from Freightliner this week for use on the sleepers. Loco's which were on hire included 90042 and 90049. For info, 90042 replaced 90045 in the early stages of the week, but the 90 didn't work anything. In addition, 90049 was also on hire to GBRF and this 90 primarily worked 1C11 and 1B26 sleeper portions between Edinburgh and Carstairs.
5. 90018 was re-instated to traffic towards the end of the week after spending a short period of time stored at Crewe. In addition, 90035 is reported to have done some light engine movements at the start of the week after spending a couple of months in storage too.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic this week, which included 90006, 90009, 90014, 90016, 90018, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90029, 90035, 90041, 90044, 90045 and 90047. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance exams; wheelset repairs and overhauls; major overhauls of loco and pending repairs for wear and tear issues.
There is nothing else that need to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.