Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 20th August 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 20th August 2017 have been summarised below:
1. The West Coast sleepers were diverted via the ECML on the 26/8/17. This included 90042 working 1S26 from Wembley to Glasgow via NLL, Edinburgh & ECML. On the same night, 90044 performed 1E39 from Edinburgh to Kings Cross (portions of the Inverness sleeper).
2. 90029 transferred from Crewe to Bounds Green via Doncaster in the early part of the week and started working services for VTEC on the 23/8/17. During the same week 90034 transferred back to Crewe and 90036 went off lease on the 24/8/17 and transferred back to Crewe too leaving just one DB90 on hire to VTEC.
3. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on their booked freight trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The engines that operated in pairs during this week were 90046 & 90048 as well as 90045 & 90049.
4. DB Cargo 90s could also be found working in pairs this week on their booked freight trains of 4M25 and 4S47. The engines that operated in pairs during this week included 90018 & 90028 as well as 90024 & 90028.
5. As already noted above FL90s worked sleeper trains via ECML this week, GBRF continued to hire 90s from Freightliner for all parts of the week. The loco's on hire included 90042, 90044 and 90047, which worked 1S25, 1S26, 1M11 and 1M16 on separate days.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90013, 90015, 90016, 90019, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90034, 90035, 90037, 90039, 90041 and 90043. The reasons for the stoppages included waiting parts, wheelset overhauls, general maintenance and heavy exams.
There is nothing else to report from this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.