Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:02 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 24th September 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 24th September 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90013 was released from Crewe TMD on the 27/9/17 following a planned overhaul. The 90 was then dragged from Crewe to Crown Point by 37605 via the WCML, NLL and GEML. In addition, on the 29/9/17, GA sent 90007 to Crewe TMD for a planned overhaul, which was also dragged by 37605.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The trains worked by the FL90s for all or part of the week included 1B26, 1C11, 1M11, 1M16, 1S25 and 1S26 as well as 5C11 and 5B26. The loco's in action on the beds were 90016, 90042 and 90047.
3. There were a number of DB Cargo 90s in action this week as pairs of loco's, which included 90028 & 90035; 90019 & 90024 as well as 90018 & 90029. The freight trains performed by the pairs included the booked 4M25 and 4S47 as well as two new services, which were 6X77 and 6L35.
4. Over in Anglia, engineering work impacted on the operation of services on the 24th and 30th September, which saw the route closed between Colchester and Witham as well as Stowmarket to Colchester. In addition, 90001 could be found stopped out of service for the entire week at Crown Point with a unknown problem.
5. Pairs of Freightliner class 90s continued to work the booked trains of 4M27, 4S44, 4S45 and 4M49 this week. The 90s in action as pairs included 90043 & 90046; 90043 & 90045 as well as 90044 & 90049. In addition, 90041 was shunted into the shed at Leeds Midland Rd this week and was fitted out with new wheels having spent over a year out of service at the West Yorkshire depot.
6. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90007, 90008, 90013, 90014, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90029, 90039, 90041, 90042, 90047 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance, waiting parts, wheelset overhauls and tyre turning, heavy overhauls and other exams.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.