Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:14 am Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 15th October 2017
|The key highlights for week commencing 15th October 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90009 returned from Bounds Green to Crown Point on the 15/10/17 under its own power following tyre turning. In addition, planned engineering work took place on the Sunday and Saturday as well as during the week which affected 1P72.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The loco's in action were 90016, 90046, 90049, which worked a mixture of services for all or part of the week. This included 1B26, 1C11, 5B26, 5C11, 1S26 and 1M11. Note 90046 was swapped with 90049 at the start of the week.
3. 90029 was on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which worked a number of services for the TOC including trips to and from Leeds as well as Newark Northgate. Also, 90036 was reported at Doncaster.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the booked trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's in action as pairs were 90043 and 90046, 90042 & 90048 as well as 90043 & 90047.
5. DB Cargo class 90s also featured in pairs this week a handful of freight trains including 4M25, 4S47, 6X77 and 6L35. The 90s reported as pairs were 90018 & 90040 as well as 90039 & 90024. There was nothing else of significance to report for DB Cargo this week other than what has already been mentioned.
6. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90002, 90007, 90018, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90044, 90045 and 90049. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance exams; waiting parts; heavy overhauls or tyre turning/wheelset changes.
There is nothing else that needs to be reported on from this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.