WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC

When music was good

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
female singer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiresno1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: female singer Reply with quote

my name is peter ,i have just found your site. i started playing in groups late 60s. we practised in the old telephone exchange in stockton heath. when we hadn't been playing long we did a late nighter at the odeon cinema after the films i think the top of the bill was the times. My question is they backed a female singer at the end, she was quite famous at the time but i can't remember who it was. Can anyone help me. at the time i think we were The Sunsett later to be New Horizon. many thanks in anticipation. Peter
struvs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: female singer Reply with quote

wiresno1 wrote:
my name is peter ,i have just found your site. i started playing in groups late 60s. we practised in the old telephone exchange in stockton heath. when we hadn't been playing long we did a late nighter at the odeon cinema after the films i think the top of the bill was the times. My question is they backed a female singer at the end, she was quite famous at the time but i can't remember who it was. Can anyone help me. at the time i think we were The Sunsett later to be New Horizon. many thanks in anticipation. Peter

Hiya Pete. Bri@ (site founder) has just told me about your question, and I think I can help you. My name's Gordon Struthers and I used to play with the Times, and remember that gig at the odeon well. I think we'd already split up as a band at that time, but re-formed to do that one gig. The female singer was sister to Alan Taylor who was our singer. Her name was Josie Taylor who became better known as TRULY SMITH. Bri and myself attended a "do" in Warrington last year where I met most of the guys again, and "Truly" was also there. It was amazing meeting Her again. She got up and sang a couple of songs, and her voice is still amazing. She has recently returned to her singing, and I believe she,s doing gigs again.You can find her singing in the sixties on you-tube if you search...truly smith. my e.mail address is gordon.struthers178@btinternet.com
bryngiton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Odeon late nighter Reply with quote

Hi guys, the Odeon late nighter was called The Privilege Pop Package Show.
At the time I played in a band called The Hidden Set. The band members were Brian Dale, Alan Howl, Tony Morell and myself Bryn Llewellyn. The preperation for this thing went on for weeks with Sunday rehersals.
Fond memories of the group at Bell Hall, the Co-op Hall, Parr Hall. Great nights at Warrington rugby union club squeezed in a corner.
Alan Howl, sadly on longer with us, and myself later joined up with Bob Higham (Bob Page) to form Page Four, a comedy group.
I am still giging as Bryn Thomas and you'll find me most Thursdays at the Lord Eldon in Knutsford at the open mike night.
Remember St. Margarets in Latchford. Pete Rigby DJing with Kenny Banner and the Deep Beats. Kenny Crank on Bass.
johneck

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Page Four Reply with quote

I would have thought we were more than a comedy act! That was a good band (well at least they had a good drummer who wasn't mentioned!) Bryn, Alan, Bob and John
Cuthbert124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: mobdrodownloadapp Reply with quote

awesome The tutorial below will give you easy and total overview on mobdro download Arrangement the downloaded and install file nice.
johnnyjora1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Good learn more Reply with quote

Awesome application to get Peggo iOS Download all the audios from the youtube videos using peggo app free download.
mobdroappdownload

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Cool video app Reply with quote

good The best way to search the video streams online is to provide the android app. Mobdro app download is the new technical tool and available only for android. Download it and watch the entertainment content like shows, films, and serials also.
lusa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Good Reply with quote

Good to convert all the sound cloud videos to mp3 format on android devices
Peggo APK
sivepola

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am    Post subject: Great Reply with quote

Good resolve all these things that too improve your free internet tracking points using AndroDumpper App download free.
dinnuparusam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Good very interesting to learn this one Reply with quote

good most of thems using this application for streaming only Mobdro Firestick.
Jack Hock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks for this. Reply with quote

KingRoot is a most popular Android root tool software with best rooting experience and highest success rate! Learn about benefits of rooting your Android phone/tablet devices with Kingroot For PC. It Is Simple To Root Your Android Phone with KingRoot!
mobdrodes123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great article Mobdro app Free
Andy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Gmail email login Reply with quote

Looking at the best email information about gmail account page to sign in to your google account.
Omkarthakur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Newest Movies HD apk Reply with quote

Newest Movies HD App is the best suitable App for you if you want to watch latest movies and TV series. This App has recently hit the web world and gained an immense popularity in the very short span of time.

Also Check Newest Movies HD Apk Download
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: