Nams Forums

Reviews, Guides, Anything PC Related & General Chit Chat

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
A Little about How & Why the Site & Forums were form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nams Forums Forum Index -> WELCOME TO NAMS FORUMS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Namron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: A Little about How & Why the Site & Forums were form Reply with quote

Hello & Welcome, Thanks for popping in to Nams Reviews & Guides or Nams Forum.. Very Happy....

Some of you will already Know me from the Specialtech forums & more explicitly from the Forum "Man on the Streets Review" Section from there.
If your reading this then it means that the "Specialtech Forums" has or shortly will close down....
A SAD Time for those of us that looked on the Specialtech Forums & the people there as FRIENDS & a Place to pop in for a chat & to read the many excellent threads & posts that were held within... & That includes the "Man on the Streets Reviews" I had been writing for the past nigh on 18 months.

When I heard that the Specialtech Forums were to close I was very saddened to say the least, But I was offered the opportunity to keep writing Reviews Specifically for watercooling for another Site & Forum.. Unfortunately that would have meant me being tied to how I wrote things & presented them & at times being held to time limit on when I got reviews posted e.t.c..
I Knew pretty much right from the start, that, that just wouldn't have worked out as I Like to write my way & present things from my view & not just to being a cloned writer of reviews for someone else...

Despite me Only doing reviews for those 18 Months at the Specialtech Forums & having never done anything like it before that.. I was really very Sad that I would not just loose all the reviews I had done, But would not be able to Continue in something that I had grown to Love doing...
After a few hours of being miserable & resigning myself to the fact that I wouldn't just be loosing my reviews & doing more reviews, But, also that I'd miss the (what I class as being good friends that I had met on the ST Forums) great Friends & Hommies I'd not just chatted too on the forums but actually met some of them in person..

It was then that I the thought of "What about Starting your Own Site Nam"?.... The more I thought about it the more the idea grew on me, But...... Would I be able to make a Web Site & all it entails along with a Forum??.. I seriously had my doubts, As I'd never ever even giving it a thought before about doing my own Site!!...
I began by just mentioning to a few people about what I was thinking & was a little surprised by the positive replies I got back & so I Decided to go ahead & give it a shot.....

The result is where your at now... I know it's fairly Basic & maybe doesn't have all the Whistles & Bells that some Review/Forum Sites have, But as I said earlier.... I've never undertaken anything like this before & am Learning as I go, I will add more & make changes nodoubt as I find my feet & see how various things go, If members want me to add something or change something I'll always listen & if I think It'll be a good move I'll implement what I can, Some things may get taken out e.t.c...
This is where you.... should you choose to become a member can help make this site Become a better site & get more things included that you want to see or get involved with..

That's pretty much all I have to tell you all right now & I've prattled on longer than I had intended as it is Wink ..

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank those that really did give me the courage to go ahead with this, Because without their encouragement & support I Doubt I would ever have even attempted this.

SO!!!... To my Hommies... You know who you are THANKS GUY's I Owe You Beer & Pies Laughing & not forgetting Specialtech & especially Ayd, Steve & Rootz for giving me the Opportunity in the first instance to get involved with Reviewing & for all their Support thanks for all you've done Very Happy

Remember...... your Input & Suggestions can make this abetter Site so please feel free to voice your Constructive Comments.. Thank You

All the Best & Enjoy

Nam (Norman)
ipendu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleasure to be a Part on your Forums site

Sattamatka
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nams Forums Forum Index -> WELCOME TO NAMS FORUMS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: