WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC

When music was good

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
Wilf Rigby confession time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Bands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Astaire

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Wilf Rigby confession time Reply with quote

Hello all.

New here and a bit young(ish) to remember the bands but I do however know the names. My father was a keen amateur musician and I do recollect the names Eric Pep and Wilf Rigby were often mentioned in our household. I notice that Eric has sadly passed away relatively recently ( a year after my father) which whilst googling is how I stumbled on this site. I see Eric's band played for many years at Burtonwood which was a venue my father often mentioned he'd played at alongside bands of the likes of Johny Dankworth so I guess that my father was in Eric's band. A bit off guesswork again but my father also played for quite a period with the Wilf Rigby band and this probably followed his stint with Eric. this must have been when I was very young and i would hazard a guess around 1964. I remember my father in his black bow tie frequently going out to play in bands in an evening but not before playing a quick rendition of 'Pop goes the Weasel'. The anecdote relating to Wilf that my father never let me forget was a time Wilf and his family visited our home. I was around six years i would think, Wilf's son must have been of a similar age. Confession time - I'm embarrassed to admit that despite assurances to Wilf and his wife that I never strayed from the garden and it was alright for me and his son to be allowed out into the garden to play. Of course as soon I was out of the parents sight I was out the garden gate onto Frodsham hill only to return a short while later without Wilf's son. I think my father managed to retain his job with the band and Wilf's son was eventually found.

Sorry to Wilf's son wherever you are!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Bands All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: