WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC

When music was good

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
Old Mates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Old Mates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palfers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Old Mates Reply with quote

It is surprising how many are still around.
Charlie Lawson - I can't tell you how chuffed I was to see you recently at the 'Rens' do as was everybody else there, take good care of yourself mate and don't let recent events get you down, 'Mule Skinner Blues' for ever.
palfers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made it a regular habit of visiting Johnny Skidmore as and when I can and always end up having a fantastic day, him & Barbara make everything so easy and relaxed, John and me just sit there and reminisce, cups of tea and butties just appear out of nowhere, this man is well worth a visit and he has been, and still is, a local idol to a lot of lads who took up the guitar in our neighbourhood. He was around at the beginning of the revolution and has over the years played with the likes of Lonnie Donogan and the early pioneers, not many people can say that they are on regular speaking terms with Albert Lee, but this man can. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Old Mates All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: