Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:24 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 16th October 2016
|The key highlights from week commencing 16th October 2016 have been summarised below:
1. The number of loco's on hire to GBRF for the sleeper operations returned to full strength this week following some issues the previous week. The Freightliner class 90s which sleeper trains this week included 90042, 90043, 90046 and 90048. The trains involved were 1C11, 1B26, 1M11, 1M16, 1S25 and 1S26.
2. DB class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on there booked trains of 4M25, 4S47, 6X65, 6V15, 6S94 and 6M76. The loco's in action as pairs were 90018 & 90028; 90018 & 90019; 90037 and 90040 as well as 90028 & 90035 at one stage or another during the week.
3. 90029 transferred to Bounds Green at the start of the week in effect on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast replacing 90036, which needed to go back to Crewe for Rheo repairs. However, despite 90029 on going on hire this week, there were no reported workings for the DB90.
4. Over in Anglia, the new "Greater Anglia" franchise started in earnest on the 16th October 2016. However, the new operation is maintained by Abellio despite operating under a new name. In addition, engineering work continued this week between London and Witham which resulted in a shuttle service running between Norwich and Witham only on the 22/10/16.
5. There were a number of class 90s in and out of traffic this week, which included 90004, 90006, 90020, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90034, 90039, 90041 and 90049. Notable reasons for the stoppages included general maintenance, heavy overhaul and warranty repairs, bogie swaps and tyre turning.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.