Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:58 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 29th January 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 29th January 2016 have been summarised below:
1. On the 30/1/17, 90045 and 90049 could be found at the helm of 4M27 from Coatbridge to Daventry as a working pair. However, 90045 suffered technical issues at Beattock, which resulted in the train being rescued by 66620 which took the service forward to Daventry with 90045 & 90049 DITL. Upon arrival at Daventry, the two 90s were tripped back to Crewe for repairs and attention.
2. 90036 remained on hire to Virgin Trains this week and worked a number of services for the TOC to and from Leeds as well as Newark. On the 3/2/17, DB sent 90034 and 90039 from Wembley to Bounds Green in effect on hire to VTEC and were due to be a direct replacement for 90036, which needed to return to Crewe for an exam.
3. 90010 was dragged from Crown Point to Bounds Green by 57007 mid-week for tyre turning, which travelled via Ely, Royston and the Hertford Nth Loop. The GA90 was returned from Bounds Green to Crown Point on Friday 3rd February, again dragged via the same route by 57007.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate on the beds this week while on hire to GBRF. The number of engines that worked increased slightly this week, which saw 90042, 90044 and 90046 all in action during the week on 1M11, 1M16, 1S25 and 1S26. In addition, owing to the failure of 67010 on 1M16 and then being terminated at Edinburgh, 90042 worked an additional ecs movement on the 31/1/17 from Edinburgh to Wembley which ran as 5M16 throughout.
5. DB class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the core booked services of 4M25, 4S47, 6X65 and 6V15. The 90s which operated in pairs were 90019 & 90040 as well as 90024 & 90029 and 90028 & 90039.
6. Over in Anglia, planned engineering work shut the railway for a few days at the weekends for ongoing Crossrail works. In addition, a person was struck by a train between Stowmarket and Diss in the early hours of the 3/2/17 involving 1P72 from London to Norwich (loco was 90004). Thoughts go out to all those involved in this tragic incident.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic this week for a number of reasons including traction motor reps; wheelset replacements; general maintenance including exams and heavy overhauls. The loco's stopped included 90010, 90012, 90016, 90018, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90037, 90041, 90045, 90047, 90048 and 90049.
There is nothing else to report here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.