Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:03 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 19th March 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 19th March 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90046 and 90048 operated as a pair for the entire week - they initially ran light engine from Basford Hall to Daventry on the 19/3/17 and then went worked 4S45. The FL90s then operated 4M27 and 4S47 for the rest of the week starting on the 20/3/17 and ended up back at Basford Hall on the 25/3/17.
2. DB Cargo class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week too on the West Coast Mainline, which featured 90034 & 90037 as well as 90018 and 90040. The trains operated by the pairs of 90s included 4M25, 4S47 and 6X65.
3. On the 24/3/17, DRS diesel loco 57007 dragged 90014 from Crown Point to Bounds Green via Ely and the Hertford North Loop for tyre turning. The GA90 was out of traffic for the entire week. In addition, 90008 re-entered traffic on the 25/3/17 after being stopped for a few days pending an E exam at Crown Point.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF this week for use on the beds. The loco's that were on hire included 90043 and 90045, which operated a handful of sleeper trains including 1C11, 1B26, 1M11 and 1S26, but the Highland services were worked by 92s.
5. DB Cargo class 90s continued to be hired to Virgin East Coast this week, which included 90019 and 90039, which worked a handful of services between them for all or part of the week.
6. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90005, 90008, 90014, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90029, 90035, 90036, 90041, 90042, 90044, 90047 and 90049. The main reasons for the stoppages included wheelset repairs; heavy overhaul and routine maintenance.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more information on what worked what, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.