Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:36 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 26th March 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 26th March 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90029 transferred from Doncaster to Bounds on the 1/4/17 in effect on hire to VTEC (DB90 had been dragged to Doncaster earlier in the week via Carlisle on a freight). On the same day 90029 went south, 90039 went north from Bounds Green to Doncaster in effect off-hire from VTEC.
2. 90044 and 90048 could be found in a working pair this week, but didn't join forces until the Monday. The 90s initially performed 4S45 from Basford Hall to Coatbridge after taking over from a class 70 and then went onto work 4M27 and 4S45 for the rest of the week. However, the 90s were detached from 4M27 on Saturday 1st April in order to allow the train to continue to Daventry with a 66.
3. 90028 was based at Wembley for most of the week after performing some extra freight trains between Daventry and Wembley. Unfortunately, the concise trains are not known other than one of the headcodes was 4Z16 and the DB Cargo 90 is reported to have run light engine from Wembley to Daventry to collect these freights.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF this week, which came in the form of 90043 and 90045. However, 90045 spent the entire week sat spare at Willesden and didn't work anything. On the subject of 90043, this 90 most of the week out of traffic with wheelset issues and went to Edinburgh for tyre turning. In addition, 90047 got stopped this week too and transferred to Crewe TMD mid-week for a wheelset change.
5. 90034 and 90037 worked as a pair for the entire week on freight trains 4M25 and 4S47 between Daventry-Mossend-Daventry. There were no other reported workings for this week. In addition, 90020 was re-instated to traffic this week following a period of being stopped out of service at Crewe TMD - the 90 worked a light engine movement Crewe-Wembley-Crewe.
6. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90005, 90007, 90014, 90016, 90020,90021, 90026, 90029, 90035, 90036, 90041, 90042, 90047 and 90049. The reasons for the stoppages included wheelset changes and overhauls; heavy overhauls to loco's; routine maintenance and exams as well as waiting parts.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.