Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:36 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 16th April 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 16th April 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90046 and 90048 could be found in a pair this week and worked 4M27 and 4S45 between Daventry-Coatbridge-Daventry from Tuesday evening to Saturday morning. Note that 90046 and 90048 ran light engine as 0Z44 from Crewe to Daventry on the Tuesday in order to work 4S45 owing to the bank holiday weekend.
2. 90034 was used to work the electric leg of the UKR charter train on the 22/4/17. The DB90 operated the outward leg from Euston to Crewe as 1Z77 and then the return from Crewe to Euston in the evening as 1Z78. Note that diesel traction was used for the other parts of the day.
3. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF for use on the beds, which featured 90043 and 90049. However, 90043 was only used for the sleeper portions of 1C11 and 1B26 for part of the week and 90049 remained spare for the majority of the week at Willesden, but did perform 1S25 to Edinburgh on the 21/4/17.
4. DB Cargo class 90s continued to be hired to Virgin Trains this week, which featured 90029 and 90039. However, 90039 spent the entire week at Bounds Green spare, but 90029 did work service trains for VTEC on a number of days. Also, 90019 transferred back to Crewe in the latter stages of the week after spending a few days at Doncaster pending movement to Crewe for exam.
5. Over in Anglia engineering work was the main news worthy item to report, which took place for the first of the week, which saw the GEML shut between London and Ingatestone on the 16th & 17th April as well as late evening works on the 18th and 19th.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90006, 90014, 90016, 90019, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90035, 90041, 90042, 90045 and 90047. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance; wheelset repairs and replacement as well heavy maintenance.
There is nothing else to report on for this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.