Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:54 am Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 23rd April 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 23rd April 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90049 worked 1m11 from Glasgow Central to Wembley via Edinburgh, the ECML and North London Line on the evening of the 23rd April due to planned engineering work on the WCML north of Preston.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week, which included 90045 & 90047; 90046 and 90048 as well as 90044 & 90046. The FL90s worked intermodal freight trains between Coatbridge and Daventry on services 4M49, 4M27, 4S44 and 4S45 for the entire week.
3. DB90s continued to be hired to Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which included 90029 and 90039. However, the only 90 which saw action was 90029 on a handful of trains and 90039 remained spare at Bounds Green for the entire week.
4. In a surprise move, 90034 was used mid-week on postal duties. It was widely reported that the DB90 dragged a failed set of class 325 units between Shieldmuir and Dallam. However, the concise number of workings was not known, but hopefully more information can be sourced.
5. Over in Anglia, planned engineering work continued to effect services operating between London and Norwich notably on Sunday 23rd April as well as during the late evening during the week. In addition, 90014 remained out of traffic at Crown Point this week with wheelset issues.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90003, 90014, 90018, 90019, 90020, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90035, 90040, 90041, 90042, 90043, 90044, 90045 and 90046. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance; medium-term repairs and wheelset overhauls.
There is nothing else that needs to be reported here, but should you require more information, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.