Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:11 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 30th April 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 30th April 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90037 worked the outward portion of the A1 Steam Charters on the 6/5/17 from London Kings Cross to Doncaster Yard. Upon arrival at Doncaster, the DB Cargo 90 was detached from the train and replaced by Tornado. For info the sparky returned south to Wembley light engine as the return leg of the charter was the kettle throughout.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week, which featured 90043 & 90045 working 4M49/4S44 and 90046 & 90047 performing 4M27/4S45 between Daventry-Coatbridge-Daventry for all four freight train workings.
3. In a surprise move 90001 and 90014 were dragged north from Crown Point to Crewe TMD on the 5th May by 37558. For info, 90014 needs replacement wheelsets and 90001 on the other hand has gone for a planned overhaul.
4. The West Coast sleepers were routed via the ECML and NLL on the 30th April in both directions. This week saw 90016 in action on the drawbacks between Euston-Wembley Yard-Euston. In addition, 90049 worked the Highland sleeper 1m16 via the ECML from Edinburgh to Wembley.
5. DB Cargo class 90s operated in pairs this week, which saw 90018 & 90036 paired up as well as 90034 & 90040. The loco's worked 4M25, 4S47, 6V15 and 6X65 for all or part of the week. Also, 90029 and 90039 continued to be hired to Virgin Trains East Coast week, which saw 90039 in action on a couple of days.
6. Over in Anglia, engineering work continued at the weekends as well as in the late evening during the early part of the week, which saw services disrupted as planned, which including services starting and terminating at Ingatestone on the 30/4/17.
7. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90003, 90006, 90014, 90019, 90020, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90035, 90041, 90042 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance exams; heavy overhaul programmes; wheelset repairs and replacements as well as general wear and tear repairs.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.