Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:00 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 7th May 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 7th May 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Owing to planned engineering work on the WCML, the sleepers were routed via the ECML on the evening of the 7/5/17. One key working involved 90047 performing the Lowland sleeper 1s26 from Wembley to Glasgow Central via the NLL, ECML and Edinburgh.
2. Over in Anglia planned engineering work continued this week which saw service alterations over the weekend. In addition, 90002 was involved in an operating incident on the evening of the 12/5/17 at Stowmarket while working the 16:30 Norwich to London.
3. Pairs of Freightliners 90s could be found in action on intermodal freight trains for the entire week. This included 90042 & 90045; 90044 & 90045; 90046 & 90048 as well as 90046 & 90049. The trains operated by these pairs for all or part of the week were 4M49, 4M27, 4S44 and 4S45.
4. DB Cargo 90s could also be found in working pairs this week, which were largely 90028 & 90036 performing 4M25 and 4S47. In addition, 90029 and 90039 remained on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast this week, but only 90029 worked passenger trains on selected days.
5. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90002, 90003, 90014, 90020, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90035, 90037, 90041, 90042, 90043, 90044 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included general wear & tear repairs; wheelset overhauls; routine exams and heavy overhaul exams.
There is nothing else to report here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.