Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 18th June 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 18th June 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90036 transferred from Crewe to Bounds Green via Carlisle and Doncaster Yard on the 23/6/17 arriving at the North London depot on Saturday in effect on hire to VTEC. At the same 90036 was heading south, 90034 went north with 67021 for an exam.
2. Owing to heat related issues with the class 91s, VTEC was forced to use both 90029 and 90034 on the same day on more than one occasion. For example, mid-week saw DB Cargo hired 90s being used on Leeds services as well as the Newark circuit. In addition, 90029 was used on the 24/6/17 too, which is quite rare for a 90 to be out on Saturdays.
3. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week, which saw 90016 and 90047 in action on a couple of services between London and Scotland, which included 1S25, 1S26, 1M11 and 1M16. In addition, 90049 went on hire to GBRF on the 23/6/17 after running light engine from Crewe to Willesden, but the FL90 never worked anything.
4. Over in Anglia, 90014 re-entered traffic with Abellio Greater Anglia after returning back from Crewe the week before with new wheelsets, which leaves just 90001 at Crewe TMD. In addition, there were a number of heat related issues in the early part of the week with the infrastructure which saw a number of problems on the same day up and down the GEML.
5. Freightliner class 90s continued work in pairs this week on the Russel Intermodal freight trains of 4M49, 4M27, 4S44 and 4S45. The pairs in action included 90043 & 90045, 90044 & 90049 as well as 90044 & 90048 towards the end of the week. In addition, owing to a shortage of other traction types, class 90s featured on non-booked services such as 4H29 and 4K18.
6. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90003, 90010, 90012, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90035, 90036, 90039, 90041, 90042 and 90046. The reasons for the stoppages included general wear and tear; wheelset overhauls; routine maintenance exams as well as heavy overhaul ones.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.