Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 pm Post subject: Key Highlights for w/c 25th June 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 25th June 2017 have been summarised below:
1. At the start of the week on the 25/6/17, there were two DB90s out on the ECML with VTEC owing to fleet reliability issues with the class 91s. This included 90036 and 90029 which both operated to and from Leeds. However, in the latter stages of the week, only one DB90 was out at any given time.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to work in pairs this week on the Russel trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's concerned included 90044 & 90048, 90016 & 90045 as well as 90016 & 90043. Each pair performed for all or part of the week due to maintenance requirements.
3. DB Cargo class 90s could also be found in working pairs this week, which mostly involved 90019 & 90024 working 4M25 and 4S47. However, 90018 and 90037 also performed in a pair too. There was nothing else to report on for DB this week.
4. Over in Anglia, late night engineering work continued during the early part of the week, but the GEML was largely open for the full week other than some minor alterations. Also, there were a few 90s in and out of traffic as part of the routine maintenance regime.
5. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The 90s in action on the beds were 90047 and 90049, which worked a handful of trains including 1C11, 1B26, 1S26, 1M11, 1M16 and 1S25 for all or part of the week.
6. Finally, there're were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90008, 90012, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90034, 90035, 90039, 90041, 90042, 90043 and 90046. The reasons for the stoppages included heavy overhauls, wheelset repairs, general routine A exams and other miscellaneous maintenance.