Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:33 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 3rd September 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 3rd September 2017 have been summarised below:
1. In a surprise move, 90036 transferred from Crewe to Doncaster via Carlisle and Tyne Yard on the 7/9/17. The DB Cargo 90 ran light engine from Doncaster to Bounds Green the following day as 0Z90 in effect on hire to VTEC again joining 90029.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The loco's in action on the beds comprised of 90042 & 90047, which worked a mixture of services for all or part of the week including 1S25, 1S26, 1M11, 1M16, 1C11 and 1B26.
3. Over in Anglia engineering work returned to the GEML as the summer period of no work came to an end. In addition, a set with 90003 had some minor issues at the start of the week due to over heated brakes on one of the MK3 carriages.
4. DB Cargo operated 90020 & 90028 as a working pair for most of the week for the booked intermodal freight trains 4M25 and 4S47. In addition, 90029 remained on hire to VTEC this week and worked a number of services to Leeds and Newark Northgate.
5. Freightliner 90s also worked performed in pairs this week on their booked freight trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's in action as pairs included 90016 & 90048 as well as 90046 and 90049 with no reported problems.
5. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90013, 90015, 90019, 90021, 90026, 90034, 90035, 90036, 90037, 90039, 90040, 90041, 90043, 90044 and 90045. The reasons for the stoppages included general exams, waiting parts, wheelset overhauls and heavy duty maintenance exams.
There is nothing else to report from this quiet week for the fleet, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.