Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 10th September 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 10th September 2017 have been summarised below:
1. In the early hours of the 15th September, 90042 could be found at the helm of 1M16 from Edinburgh to Euston. However, owing to a lineside fire near Euston, the service was terminated at Preston and returned to Polmadie as empty stock using the same 90.
2. On the evening of the 10th September, 92014 ran into trouble in the Milton Keynes area which resulted in the train being rescued, which came in the form of 90043. The FL90 ran light engine from Basford Hall to MK and then dragged the stricken train to Edinburgh with 92014 DITL.
3. 90020 & 90034 worked in a pair for the entire week between on the booked freight trains of 4M25 and 4S47. In addition, 90029 & 90036 continued to be hired by Virgin Trains this week, but only 90036 worked service trains for the TOC, which included visits to Leeds and Newark on the usual trains.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to work in pairs this week on the booked intermodal freight trains of 4M49, 4S44, 4S45 and 4M27. The 90s in action as pairs were 90016 & 90048 as well as 90044 & 90045.
5. 90042 and 90043 were the core loco's on hire to GBRF this week, but 90047 could be found on hire too for the first few days, which all worked a mixed of services including empty stock movements as well as 1S26, 1M11, 1M16 and 1S25.
6. Over in Anglia, engineering work took place on a couple of days and a lineside fire near Needham Market stopped the job for a few hours on the evening of the 15/9/17. Also the fleet as a whole had a reasonable faultless week with nothing major to report.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90013, 90019, 90021, 90024, 90026, 90028, 90035, 90037, 90039, 90041, 90047 and 90049. Reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance, heavy overhauls, waiting parts or wheelset issues.
There is nothing else to report on from this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.