Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:47 am Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 17th September 2017
|Key highlights from week commencing 17th September 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The loco's which saw action included 90042, 90043 and 90047 with the latter being swapped with 90043 towards the end of the week. The trains worked by the 90s included 1B26, 1C11, 1S25, 1M16, 1M11 and 1S26 at some stage of the week.
2. A handful of DB Cargo 90s worked in pairs this week, which included the usual 4M25 and 4S47 intermodal trains, but also other services, which were 6L35 and 6X77. The loco's that saw action in pairs included 90019 & 90024; 90020 & 90034 as well as 90035 & 90040. The additional freights appeared to be worked by 90s for most of the week.
3. Freightliner 90s also worked in pairs this week, which included the usual booked trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's that saw action in pairs included 90045 & 90046; 90044 & 90049 as well as 90048 & 90049. In addition, 90047 performed 4K18, 4L90 and 4M53 on a couple of days vice-86s until she went on hire to GBRF.
4. An operating incident happened in the Ingatestone area towards the end of the week, which severely disrupted services in the afternoon and evening for the day in question. In addition, 90008 suffered a broken windscreen while working 1P21 near Diss in the early part of the week which resulted in the train being terminated at Ipswich and returning to Norwich ecs.
5. On the East Coast Mainline, 90029 & 90036 continued to be hired by VTEC for use on passenger services. The main loco in use this week on service trains was 90036, which visited both Leeds and Newark. On the other hand, 90029 spent of the week spare at Bounds Green.
6. Finally there were a number of 90s out of service for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90004, 90013, 90016, 90021, 90026, 90028, 90037, 90039, 90041, 90043, 90048 and 90049. The key reasons for the stoppages include routine maintenance as well waiting parts and heavy overhauls.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.