Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:25 am Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 1st October 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 1st October 2017 have been summarised below:
1. In a surprise move, 90037 was used for Royal Mail duties on the evening of the 3/10/17. The DB Cargo ran light engine from Mossend In the first instance and then dragged 325006 & 325011 from Shieldmuir to Warrington RMT on 1M03. There were no other reported workings beyond this train for the DB90.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The trains worked by the FL90s for all or part of the week included 1B26, 1C11, 1M11, 1M16, 1S25 and 1S26 as well as 5C11 and 5B26. The loco's in action on the beds were 90016, 90042 and 90049.
3. There were a number of DB Cargo 90s in action this week as pairs of loco's, which included 90020 & 90035; 90019 & 90024 as well as 90018 & 90040. The freight trains performed by the pairs included the booked 4M25 and 4S47 as well as two new services, which were 6X77 and 6L35. In addition, 90036 continued to be hired by VTEC this week and worked a number trains for the TOC to Leeds and Newark.
4. Over in Anglia, engineering work impacted on the operation of services on the 1st and 7th October, which saw the route closed between Colchester and Witham. In addition, 90001 continued to be stopped out of service for the entire week at Crown Point with an ongoing problem.
5. Pairs of Freightliner class 90s continued to work the booked trains of 4M27, 4S44, 4S45 and 4M49 this week. The 90s in action as pairs included 90043 & 90045 as well as 90044 & 90046. In addition, 90041 could be found at Leeds Midland Rd this week with new boots pending a movement to Crewe.
6. In a surprise move, 90048 was paired up with 86604 on the evening of the 5/10/17 and subsequently worked north from Crewe with the 86 on 4S88 to Coatbridge. The unusual duet returned south the next evening (6/10/17) on 4L89, again to Crewe. Upon arrival, the electrics were replaced with a diesel.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90007, 90008, 90013, 90014, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90029, 90039, 90041, 90042, 90047 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance, waiting parts, wheelset overhauls and tyre turning, heavy overhauls and other exams.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.