Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:44 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 8th October 2017
|The key highlights for week commencing 8th October 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90006 returned from Bounds Green to Crown Point on the 9/10/17 under its own power following tyre turning. In addition, on the 13/10/17, 90009 went from Crown Point to Bounds Green under its own power too for tyre turning at the north London depot.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The loco's in action were 90016 and 90049, which worked a mixture of services for all or part of the week. This included 1B26, 1C11, 5B26, 5C11, 1S26 and 1M11.
3. Over in Anglia, 90008 was involved in a near miss at Chelmsford station with a passenger following a trespass incident, which resulted in the train terminating there and returning to Norwich as empty stock. In addition, 90006 suffered technical issues on the 13/10/17 and there was a shunting incident at Crown Point involving a 90 too, but didn't result any damage to the loco.
4. 90029 went on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast on the 12/10/17 arriving at Bounds Green on the same after transferring from Crewe to Doncaster the day before via Carlisle and Tyne Yard. Also, on the 13/10/17, 90036 was dragged from Bounds Green to Doncaster by 91106 as 0Z91 in effect off-hire from VTEC as the loco was required back at Crewe for exam.
5. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the booked trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's in action as pairs were 90043 and 90046, 90045 & 90048 as well as 90042 & 90048. Furthermore, 90042 and 90047 worked a number of services to and from Ipswich on vice diagrams this week due to a shortage of other traction types.
6. DB Cargo class 90s also featured in pairs this week a handful of freight trains including 4M25, 4S47, 6X77 and 6L35. The 90s reported as pairs were 90028 & 90037 as well as 90018 & 90040. There was nothing else of significance to report for DB Cargo this week other than what has already been mentioned.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90002, 90007, 90018, 90021, 90026, 90029, 90041, 90042, 90044, 90045 and 90047. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance exams; waiting parts; heavy overhauls or tyre turning/wheelset changes.
There is nothing else that needs to be reported on from this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.