Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:22 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 5th November 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 5th November 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90009 ran light engine from Crown Point to Bounds Green for tyre turning on the 8/11/17 under its own power. On the same day, 90008 was finally released from tyre turning and subsequently ran light engine back to Crown Point, which operated as 0Z38.
2. In a surprise move, 90042 and 90047 worked as a pair on the 23:50 Glasgow Central to London Euston (1M11) on the evening of the 10/11/17 while on hire to GBRF. This kind of working on passenger trains is very rare and it is not known why the FL90s operated as a pair.
3. 90005 ran light engine from Crown Point to Bounds Green dragging 37423 on the morning of the 10/11/17 under its own power for tyre turning. On the same day, 90009 was released from Bounds Green and subsequently ran light engine with 37423 back to Crown Point.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleeper trains. The loco's on hire included 90016, 90042 and 90047, which performed a mixture of services including 1S25, 1M16, 1M11, 1S26, 1C11 and 1B26 for all or part of the week. Note that 90047 was swapped with 90016 at the start of the week, which needed to return to Crewe for an exam.
5. 90019 continued to be hired by Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which worked a handful of services to and from Leeds. In addition, 90028 and 90037 operated as a working pair on 4M25 and 4S47 between Daventry-Mossend-Daventry for the entire week.
6. On the 9th November 2017 following an operating incident in late October, 90044 was transferred from Coatbridge to Crewe by road due to damaged wheelsets. Upon arrival at Crewe, the FL90 was inspected and now stopped for repairs.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90003, 90005, 90007, 90008, 90009, 90016, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90044 and 90048. The reasons for the stoppages included wheelset issues and repairs; heavy overhauls and general maintenance.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.