Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 19th November 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 19th November 2017 have been summarised below:
1. On the morning of the 24/11/17, 90004 could be found at the helm of the 06:00 NRW-LST (1P05) when the loco encountered issues near Stratford. However, the 90 managed to limp forward to Liverpool Street where it terminated and taken out of traffic. The train was rescued by 90009, which ran light engine as 0Z99 from Crown Point and dragged the set back to Norwich atop of the DVT with 90004 DOR.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The loco's in action at the start of the week were 90042 and 90047, but they were recalled back to Crewe for exams. They were replaced by 90016 (21/11/17) and 90045 (23/11/17). Despite the swaps, the 90s worked a number of services including 1S26 and 1M11 as well as 1C11, 1B26 and 1M16.
3. In a surprise move, on the evening of the 23/11/17, 90024 could be found at the helm of the 16:22 Willesden PDRC to Shieldmuir (1S96) mail train. According to reports, the 90 worked the train throughout from Willesden dragging 3 failed class 325units. No other workings reported for this week.
4. Over in Anglia, 90013 was involved an operating incident on the 22/11/17 following a person being hit by train (thoughts go out to all involved). In addition, 90002 was released from Bounds Green on the 23/11/17 following tyre turning and subsequently returned light engine to Norwich reportedly with 57301.
5. DB Cargo Class 90s continued to be hired by Virgin Trains East Coast this week. The loco's on hire were 90020 and 90029, but only 90029 is reported to have passenger trains for the TOC, which included visits to Leeds and Newark Northgate for part of the week.
6. At Freightliner, class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week for use on intermodal freight trains between Daventry-Coatbridge-Daventry. The loco's in action as pairs were 90046 and 90049; 90043 and 90048. However, in the middle part of the week, 4S44 and 4M49 were cancelled due to flooding north of Preston, which resulted in some turns not being covered by 90s.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of action this week, which included 90002, 90007, 90016, 90019, 90021, 90026, 90035, 90041, 90042, 90043, 90044 and 90047. The reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance; wheelset repairs and overhauls; heavy maintenance and overhauls as well as waiting parts.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen on the main website.