Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:56 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 26th November 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 26th November 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF this week for use on the sleepers. The loco's in action on the beds included 90016 and 90045 which worked a combination of trains for all or part of the week, which included 1S26, 1C11, 1B26, 1M11 and 1M16. Please note that 90045 became poorly towards the end of the week at Polmadie but was not replaced.
2. Virgin Trains continued to hire 90s from DB Cargo, which featured just 90029 (it is understood 90020 went back to DB as it was no longer required). The 90 which remained worked a series of trains to and from Leeds as well Newark Northgate at some stage during the week.
3. Over in Anglia, the only minor issue to report was the terminating of 90008 mid-week at Shenfield with a brake fault and returned ecs to Norwich after which the loco was replaced by 90004. In addition, engineering work took place on a couple of days including weekday evening'.
4. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90002, 90006, 90007, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90042, and 90044. Reasons for the stoppages included waiting parts; wheelset issues and overhauls; heavy maintenance as well as more general exams and repairs.
5. Finally, Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the Intermodal trains between Daventry-Coatbridge-Mossend. The loco's that featured on the freight as pairs were 90043 and 90048 as well as 90046 and 90049.
There is nothing else to report, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.