Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:40 am Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 3rd December 2017
|The key highlights from w/c 3rd December 2017 have been summarised below:
1. 90046 and 90049 could be found working 4M49 from Coatbridge to Daventry when they ran into trouble as a result of Strom Caroline. The pair of 90s initially struck debris on the track near Tebay and then an object struck the rear pantograph of 90049. This resulted in the train going no further and was eventually rescued by 66622 and dragged the stricken train forward to Crewe.
2. On the afternoon of the 5/12/17, 90007 was finally released from Crewe TMD following a planned overhaul. The 90 was subsequently dragged by 37422 from the TMD back to Crown Point via the WCML, NLL and GEML and re-entered traffic with the TOC on the 7/12/17. Refer to later posts for more detailed information.
3. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF this week for use on the WCML sleepers. The loco's in action on the beds were 90016 and 90042, which operated a series of services for all or part of the week including 1S26 and 1M11.
4. 90007 was released back into traffic with AGA on the 7/12/17 and initially ran light engine from Crown Point to Orient Way to rescue 90005. The 90 subsequently worked the hauled set back to Crown Point as empty stock after leaving 90005 behind with major wheelsets. This working also resulted in the cancellation of the 18:10 Liverpool Street to Norwich (1P54).
5. Pairs of Freightliner class 90s worked a limited number of intermodal trains this week between Daventry and Coatbridge primarily due to Storm Caroline which struck the UK mid-week and caused some major disruption on the WCML including the incident noted above. The pairs of 90s which were out included 90046 and 90049 as well as 90043 and 90048. Despite the issues, the loco's did perform there booked trains.
6. Over at DB Cargo, there is not a lot to report other than 90029 could be found on hire to Virgin Trains East Coast. In addition, there were pairs of 90s out too on the booked intermodal freight services of 4M25 and 4S47, which came in the form of 90019 and 90037, but they were disrupted mid-week too due to Storm Caroline.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90007, 90009, 90011, 90021, 90026, 90035, 90041, 90044, 90045, 90046, 90047 and 90049. The reasons for the stoppages can be derived from having general routine maintenance; repairs from operating incidents; undergoing wheelset overhauls and heavy maintenance as well as general A exams.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.