Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:10 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 10th December 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 10th December 2017 have been summarised below:
1. DB Cargo class 90s continued to be hired by Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which saw both 90029 and 90034 on hire to the TOC. Both loco's were out in action on the ECML at separate times running between Kings Cross and Leeds as well as Newark Northgate.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be by GBRF this week for use on Caledonian sleepers. The loco's in action on the beds included 90016 and 90042, which operated a mixture of services for all or part of the week.
3. Following a short visit to Crewe EMD, 90011 was released from the depot on the 14/12/17 and subsequently ran light engine back to Norwich via the WCML, NLL and GEML. It is widely reported that the loco ran under its own power for the return journey.
4. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on the booked intermodal freight trains of 4M49, 4M27, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's in action as pairs included 90046 and 90049 as well as 90047 and 90048.
5. There were a number of 90s out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90007, 90011, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90043, 90044 and 90045.
There is nothing else to report from this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.