Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 17th December 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 17th December 2017 have been summarised below:
1. Owing to OHLE issues near Ipswich on the morning of the 21/12/17, which caused an outage, 66522 was used to rescue 1P11 from the Bramford area and dragged it through to Colchester where it was terminated. The ID of the Greater Anglia class 90 is not known.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week for use on the booked intermodal freight trains of 4M27, 4M49, 4S44 and 4S45. The loco's in action as pairs included 90043 and 90045 as well as 90047 and 90048.
3. Over in Anglia, engineering work saw the GEML closed between Ingatestone and Liverpool Street on the 23/12/17, which resulted in shuttle running on the route from Norwich as well as 90002 being stabled at Harwich for the festive, which went there the previous evening.
4. DB Cargo class 90s continued to be hired by Virgin Trains East Coast this week for use on ECML expresses. The loco's on hire to the TOC included 90029 and 90034. However, only 90034 is reported to have worked passenger trains to Leeds and Newark.
5. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired by GBRF for use on the Caledonian sleepers this week. The loco's in action on the beds included 90016 and 90049, which worked a variety of trains including 1S25, 1S26 and 1M11.
6. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week for various reasons, which included 90001, 90013, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90042 and 90044.
There is nothing else to report for this week, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.