Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:32 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 24th December 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 24th December 2017 have been summarised below:
1. The Caledonian sleepers were routed via the ECML in both directions on the evening of the 27/12/17. Most services were operated by GBRF traction, but 90016 performed 1M11 from Glasgow to Wembley via Edinburgh and 90049 worked 1S26 Euston to Wembley. The next morning, 90049 is reported to have done 1M11 Wembley to Euston.
2. Over in Anglia, the GEML was shut for the entire week between Liverpool Street and Ingatestone. This resulted in a shuttle service running from Ingatestone/Colchester to Norwich at regular intervals. In addition, 90011 could be found stabled at Harwich for the festive period.
3. No Freightliner class 90s operated in pairs this week due to the engineering work taking place on the WCML. The majority of the FL90 fleet of loco's were stabled spare at Basford Hall or on hire to GBRF.
4. DB Cargo class 90s continued to be hired by Virgin Trains East Coast this week, which included 90029 and 90034. However, only 90034 is reported to have worked for the TOC on service trains, which included trips to Leeds and Newark.
5. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week for various reasons. The loco's included 90001, 90002, 90003, 90016, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90044 and 90047.
There is nothing else that needs adding here from a quiet week for the fleet, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.