Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 31st December 2017
|The key highlights from week commencing 31st December 2017 have been summarised below:
1. On the 2/1/18, it is reported that 90049 and 90042 worked the Lowland sleeper 1S26 from Euston as far as Carstairs, but it is not known if the two 90s were in multi with each other or not. Upon arrival at Carstairs, 90049 went onto work 1B26 to Edinburgh allowing 90042 to continue to Glasgow.
2. On the 3/1/18 and as part of the ongoing maintenance regime, 90003 ran light engine from Crown Point to Bounds Green with two DVTs and 37606 in dead in tow. The Anglia 90 returned from Bounds Green to Norwich on the 5/1/18 with the same consist as the outward, but this time, the light engine movement was worked by 37606 with the 90 and two DVTs dead in tow.
3. In the early hours of the 5/1/18, the Highland sleeper 1S25 was being worked by 92043. However the loco ran into technical issues in the Beattock area and was declared a total failure. This resulted in 90042 running light engine from Carstairs to rescue said train and took it forward to Edinburgh with the 92 DITL.
4. As already reported above, 90042 and 90049 could be found on hire to GBRF for the entire week for use on the sleepers. The loco's worked a variety of services including those mentioned as well as 1C11, 1M11 and 1S26. In addition, the beds did not run on the 1/1/18 due to the bank holiday in Scotland.
5. The first 90 to work in 2018 was 90018, which performed a private charter from Edinburgh to Kings Cross after going to the capital the day before on NYE. The first loco to work in East Anglia was 90015, which operated 1P13 from Norwich to Ingatestone.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90002, 90013, 90016, 90021, 90026, 90041, 90043 and 90044. The reasons for the stoppages included general maintenance, heavy overhauls, waiting test runs and other longer term issues.
7. Over on the East Coast, 90034 continued to be hired by VTEC and worked a number of service trains for the TOC. The first reported working of 2018 took place on the 2/1/18 which involved the 10:08 service from Kings Cross to Newark. In addition, 90029 is also reported to have been on hire to VTEC this week.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.