Nams Forums

Reviews, Guides, Anything PC Related & General Chit Chat

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
AQUACOMPUTER MPS (100) PRESSURE SENSOR (FILL LEVEL SENSOR)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nams Forums Forum Index -> Aquacomputer MPS Sensors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Namron
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: AQUACOMPUTER MPS (100) PRESSURE SENSOR (FILL LEVEL SENSOR) Reply with quote

Aquacomputer
MPS (100) Pressure Sensor
(Fill Level Sensors)

This is a quick look at the Aquacomputer MPS Pressure (Fill Level) Sensor which is a Differential pressure sensor…. Although these MPS Pressure (Fill Level) Sensors come in FOUR Variant types they are all pretty much the same to set up & configure.. To start of.. I’ll list the the four Variants, Their corresponding Delta Numbers & later what these Delta numbers correspond to…

MPS Pressure Sensor Pressure Delta 40
MPS Pressure Sensor Pressure Delta 100
MPS Pressure Sensor Pressure Delta 500
MPS Pressure Sensor Pressure Delta 1000

For this review I’m using the 100 Variant…. So lets begin by taking a look at what you get in the box….

So.. You get the standard Aquacomputer small components box we are all pretty much accustomed to…

On opening the box there was the Sleeved USB Cable in it’s polly bag with the red Bubble wrap that surrounds the MPS Pressure Sensor just visible underneath…

With the Instruction Manuals Under the Bubble wrapped Sensor. Usually you get a German & English Manual which Aquacomputer includes now as standard. The instruction manuals don’t just cover the particular Item that is packaged in the box. These Manuals now cover most of the Aqualis & MPS Sensors range & are now fairly comprehensive in how to not just connect items up but some details are given as to how Sensors should be set up…

Lets now have a closer look at this MPS Pressure (fill Level) Sensor..

First up, I was struck at how small this MPS Sensor is…. But then again, I guess a Fill Level Sensor doesn’t need to be big.. But having never used a Standalone Fill Level Sensor before I wasn’t really sure what to expect…

You can see the Sensor has the USB/Aquabus connection Panel as is the case with the MPS sensor range. With not just the USB and Aquabus connections but also an Alarm & Temperature connections. Which again means that the Pressure (Fill Level) Sensor can be used as a standalone unit (No Aquaero 5 needed) but must be run through the Aquasuite 2013 Software.. Which as I’m sure you all now know is completely free …

On the one end of the Sensor are the Port openings to connect the unit to your reservoir… THESE Ports are the M5 size (which is pretty small) so don’t think along the lines that you will be able to connect this up using the usual G¼” thread most of us are used to..

At the other end of the Sensor are two Blanked off ports that we have no need to use & so should be left well alone…

On the base of the Sensor are the two M3 mounting threads..

Down one side of the Sensor is a very lightly machined MPS Logo.. The other side of the sensor housing is just plain & clear..

Now we’ve had a closer look at the Sensor itself it’s time to look at how your going to connect it up to your Reservoir &…. This can be pretty much any type of Reservoir… It doesn’t have to be connected to an Aquacomputer Aqualis Reservoir…
So, as far as connecting the Pressure (Fill Level) Sensor up, When we look at the Instruction Manual there are two ways in which you can connect it up to your particular Reservoir…

The Instructions are pretty straight forward & easy to understand with the above pic showing the two methods you can use. Whichever method you decide on using your going to need to purchase a couple of specific fittings & some small diameter tubing…
First up lets look at the fittings you’ll need to think about getting to use this as a Fill Level Sensor…

In the above picture you can see I’ve got Three types of fittings that your going to need…

Connected to the Sensor you can see a Push-in connector for 6 mm hoses, with M5 thread that is needed for the Sensors “High” & “Low” ports.. There is also a Pressure equalisation membrane with G1/4 thread & also I’ve pictured a Push-in connector for 6 mm hoses also with G1/4 thread….

The easiest & cleaner/neater way to connect this Fill Level Sensor is to go the Single Tube route (from the picture in the instruction Manual) & for this method you will need the Pressure equalisation membrane which you need to screw into the top of your reservoir….. You then put the Push-in connector for 6 mm hoses with the G1/4 thread to a bottom port of your Reservoir….. It’s a simple case of then attaching a 6mm tube from the bottom Reservoir port fitting to the Push-in connector for 6 mm hoses with the M5 thread connected to the Sensor…. As shown in the mock up I’ve done Below..

In the picture above I’ve also included a pump connected just to show one way of going about connecting up the Fill Level sensor with just the One fill level tube & pressure equalisation membrane… When going with just the one 6mm fill level tube it MUST be connected to the “HIGH” marked port on the Sensor…. There is no need to worry about the “Low” marked port on the sensor being left open… No fluid will pass through the sensor so no fluid will leak out of this “Low” port..

That is it for the “Single” Tube set-up….

If, on the other hand you don’t have a pressure equalisation membrane to attach to the top of the Reservoir then you will need to connect the Fill Level Sensor Via TWO tubes… As shown again in my quick mock up below…

NOW!!!... As before… The one tube must be connected from the lower port on the reservoir to the “HIGH” marked port on the sensor & then the second tube needs to be connected to the TOP of your reservoir (where the pressure equalisation membrane was connected when using the single tube fill level mode) this tube is then connected to the “LOW” marked port of the sensor…. THIS TUBE MUST NOT CONTAIN ANY FLUID IT MUST JUST BE FILL ED WITH AIR!!!!....

I’ve added the two above pictures to show how close the “High” & “Low” ports are on the Fill Level Sensor when you have the two Push-in connectors for 6 mm hoses with the M5 threads connected up….

That then are the two methods for connecting up the Fill Level Sensor to any Reservoir…. So you need to be sure you have enough ports & in the correct places on your reservoir especially if you go the two tube route….

As with all the MPS & Aqualis add-ons you will need to connect the device Via the USB to your PC first to ensure it has the latest Firmware updated & to give it an Aquabus Address ID number if you have more than one Aqualis/MPS device connected. This is also a good time to set up whether the device is to be used with either an Aquabus or USB Priority you can choose from it’s “SYSTEMS” Tab from within the Aquasuite 2013 software.

I tend to set up my Aquacomputer devices Via my Laptop PC… Before I connect them up in the computer there to be used in, As shown below….

With these Pressure (Fill Level) Sensors they can be connected Via the USB, 3 pin Aquabus & 4 pin Aquabus.

If your using the Sensor as a standalone device it will need to be connected Via the USB at all times, as the device requires a 5v power connection at all times to ensure the Sensor calibration is maintained… Or you will need to re-calibrate the sensor each time you turn the PC on…

If you have an Aquaero 5 you have a couple of other options available to you to maintain that calibration…
If you connect to your Aquaero 5 using just the 3 pin Aquabus cable I would then still use a USB connection, again to keep the calibration… on the other hand if you use the 4 pin Aquabus cable you could then disconnect the USB as by using the 4 pin Aquabus the sensor will get it’s required 5v from the Aquaero 5 through the High Speed Aquabus (the fourth wire in the Aquabus cables are for a 5v feed)….

I said at the beginning of the review that I would explain what the Variant numbers of the MPS Pressure Sensors mean… It’s simple really..

The 40 Variant relates to the pressure mbar range of 0 – 40 mbar & corresponds to a water column of approx 0 – 40 cm
The 100 Variant has a 0 – 100 mbar range with a corresponding water column of approx 0 – 100 cm
The 500 Variant has a 0 – 500 mbar range with a corresponding water column of approx 0 – 500 cm
The 1000 Variant has a 0 – 1000 mbar range with a corresponding water column of approx 0 – 1000 cm..

NOW!!!!... As you can see from the above mbar & water column ranges most of us PC water cooling participants are only going to be wanting the 40 or at the very most (I would have thought) the 100 variants… Unless of course your building an absolute MONSTER of a PC that is going to have a 5m reservoir in it… Wink….
So these Sensors are made also for commercial use I should imagine & that is the reason they are referred to as MPS Pressure Sensors and take into account that in a commercial setting the likelihood is that the cooling system will have Filters & that is also a secondary use these Sensors can be used for.. Because they will monitor a build up in pressure or indeed a loss in preasure…
I don’t go down that route in this review as I don’t ever use filters in my PC water cooling loops & as far as I know very few other people do either…

Here now are the specs taken from Aquacomputers site…

The pressure sensors of the mps pressure series can be useful for a variety of situations. Foremost they can be used as fill level sensors for virtually any type and size of reservoir. In this configuration, the sensor detects the pressure generated by the water column inside the reservoir. The sensor must be installed on the same height or lower than the bottom of the reservoir and one port of the sensor is connected to one of the bottom inlets of the reservoir. Additionally either the second port of the sensor (types Delta 40/100/500 only) has to be connected to a top port of the reservoir or a pressure equalisation membrane (valid for all sensor types) has to be installed in a top port of the reservoir. Fittings and membrane are not included in delivery and have to be bought separately!
Another field of application is differential pressure measurement across filter elements to monitor residues and clogging as a much more precise maintenance indicator than optical inspection. Accordingly, residues and clogging in micro structure coolers can be monitored. A differential pressure measurement between inlet and outlet of a pump can be used for operation monitoring and provide valuable information for hardware testers.
All mps pressure sensors feature an integrated microcontroller with USB and Aquabus interface, a programmable alarm output and an external temperature sensor input. For monitoring and configuration, the aquasuite software can be downloaded free of charge. In addition to the USB interface, the 4-pin Aquabus interface can be used to directly connect the flow sensor to an Aquaero 5 controller (not included in delivery). The alarm output can be configured to be used as a rpm signal to be connected to a fan connector with fault detection (for example motherboard fan headers) or to be used as a switched output for example to connect a LED. Pressure and external temperature sensor input can be configured to raise an alarm. The external temperature sensor input is compatible with all Aqua Computer temperature sensors.

At the moment, four versions of the mps pressure sensor are available that differ in range and port configuration. Please select the sensor best fitting your requirements:
mps pressure Delta 40 (art. 53133): Differential pressure sensor with two ports, range 0 - 40 mbar (corresponding to a water column of approx. 0 - 40 cm)
mps pressure Delta 100 (art. 53134): Differential pressure sensor with two ports, range 0 - 100 mbar (corresponding to a water column of approx. 0 - 100 cm)
mps pressure Delta 500 (art. 53135): Differential pressure sensor with two ports, range 0 - 500 mbar (corresponding to a water column of approx. 0 - 500 cm)
mps pressure 1000 (art. 53136): Pressure sensor with one port (differential measurement against ambient air pressure), range 0 - 1000 mbar (corresponding to a water column of approx. 0 - 1000 cm)

Compatibility list for Aquabus interface:
Aquaero 5 XT (art. 53125 and 53089)
Aquaero 5 PRO (art. 53090)
Aquaero 5 LT (art. 53095)

Compatibility list for external temperature sensor input:
Temperature sensor inline G1/4 (art. 53066)
Temperature sensor inner/outer thread G1/4 (art. 53067)
Temperature sensor plug & cool (art. 53025)
Temperature sensor 70 cm (art. 53026)

Scope of delivery:
One flow sensor
One internal USB cable

Technical details:
Dimensions without fittings and without cables: approx. 47 x 34 x 21 mm
Connection thread(s) M5, fittings not included! Distance approx. 12 mm for type Delta 40/100/500
Mounting threads: 2x M3, distance 24 mm

These Sensors work an absolute treat and are fairly easy to connect up (once you get the correct fittings to suit your set-up) & very simple to configure which is the same as for the internally fitted fill level sensors fitted in the corresponding Aqualis Range of Reservoirs & Aqualis Pump Tops/Adapters… Which I have explained how to do HERE…. (don’t want to keep repeating same photo’s e.t.c each thread so have linked to one I did earlier) & scroll down to near the bottom of the thread ..

There is one very Important thing to remember when using either these standalone Fill Sensors or the integrated Fill Sensors… They need to be connected & set up at the same level as the BOTTOM of the res their connected to or preferably BELOW the reservoir…. So it’s no use placing them anywhere above the base of the reservoir they need the pressure from the column of water in the res to provide pressure reading & this needs to be static..

Again the design & functionality of these sensors is very very Nice & at first I was abit narked that the “High” & “Low” ports are so small & close together which mean’t having to purchase smaller fittings & tubing than I am using in my loops (which is 7/16” x 5/8”)… But then you look at how big this thing would need to be if you used that sized fittings & tubing.. So once I’d gotten my 6mm tubing & the correct M5 6mm push fits along with a couple of G1/4” 6mm push fits… It’s not to obtrusive at all if set up with just the single tube from a bottom reservoir port & with the device being as small as it is it can be hid away fairly easily… So…… Small is good in this case..

So if you already have a loop set up and fancy having a fill level sensor with Alarm function along with Temperature monitoring available but don’t have an Aquaero 5 and your using standard type reservoirs, You now have the opportunity to get in on the Aquacomputer scene with this very nifty bit of Kit…

I would though like to point out that if you are planning a loop from scratch or planning to re-do a watercooling set up & you fancy having a very accurate Fill Level Sensor…… Then I would advise purchasing an Aqualis XT range Res or an Aqualis DDC or D5 Pump Top that has the integrated Fill Level Sensor inbuilt… But if your already all set up & just require a Decent Fill Level Sensor you'll be hard pressed to find a Fill Level Sensor better than this Aquacomputer MPS Pressure (Fill Level) Sensor ..

Price from Specialtech Shop at time of Posting £ 32.99, inc VAT 20%

Thanks once again for having a deco peoples Smile
popularnews44

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Good Friday Reply with quote

Happy good friday wishes
Happy good friday quotes
Happy good friday images
Happy good friday messages
Happy good friday sayings
Ram Singh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: have a nice day Reply with quote

This is an awesome management tool. This will give you full complete control over the apps which you have installed on your mobile. You can control every app by granting or denying permissions for every task. http://appforfree.net
karanzale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://videogamesbox.com/cartoon-hd-ios/
http://www.tribecarestaurant.net/how-to-install-cartoon-hd-for-pc/
http://scarpeairmax90.info/cartoon-hd/
http://www.walkingridge.net/how-to-download-cartoon-hd-app-for-pc-android-phone/
http://www.confectionersart.com/cartoon-hd-app-for-android/
canonij

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Embarassed
alok

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Use this Reply with quote

USE THIS LINK

https://about.me/alok_raj
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nams Forums Forum Index -> Aquacomputer MPS Sensors All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: