Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 14th January 2018
|The key highlights from week commencing 14th January 2018 have been summarised below:
1. Over in Anglia, 90013 was released from Bounds Green following tyre turning on the 15/1/18 and dragged back to Norwich to by 37606. On the same day, 90004 went to Ilford for tyre turning. There was also operational issues caused by storm David in the latter stages of the week which caused OLE damage and closed the route for several hours.
2. In the early hours of the 20/1/18, GBRF loco 92018 was due to work the Highland sleeper 1M16 south from Edinburgh. However, it was declared a failure prior to departure. This resulted in 90049 being scrambled from Carstairs to work the train forward to Euston. The FL90 was at Carstairs after doing 1C11 sleeper portions that evening.
3. DB Cargo 90029 went off-hire from Virgin Trains East Coast on the 17/1/18 in order to return to Crewe for an exam following a long period of being on hire. In the latter stages of the week, 90019 went light engine from Doncaster to Bounds Green on the 19/1/18 in effect on hire to VTEC and entered traffic with the TOC the next day on the 20/1/18.
4. As noted above 90029 and 90019 worked services for VTEC this week, but 90034 was also on hire to Virgin Trains, which operated a number of services to and from Leeds as well as Newark on various days. On a couple of occasions, there were two 90s on the ECML due to fleet issues with 91s and HSTs.
5. Freightliner class 90s continued to operate in pairs this week. which operated there booked intermodal freight trains of 4S45, 4S44, 4M27 and 4M49. The loco's that operated in pairs were 90045/90047 as well as 90043/90046. However, owing to traction motor issues, 90046 was replaced by 90041 on the evening of the 19/1/18 at Crewe while working 4S45. This was the first known working for 90041 to be paired up with another FL90.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90002, 90003, 90013, 90016, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90042 and 90044. The key reasons for the stoppages included routine maintenance, wheelset repairs and overhauls; heavy maintenance and waiting parts.
There was nothing else that needs to be reported here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.