Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:01 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 4th March 2018
|The key highlights from week commencing 4th March 2018 have been summarised below:
1. 90037 worked a private football charter from Euston to Manchester and back again with 67005 DOR. In between working the service trains, the stock went ecs to and from Crewe, but these were operated by the 67 with 90037 DOR in both directions.
2. DB Cargo and Freightliner class 90s could be found in working pairs this week operating their booked intermodal freight trains. The loco's in action as pairs were 90041 and 90045; 90047 and 90048; 90043 and 90047 as well as 90024 and 90028.
3. GBRF continued to hire Freightliner 90s this week for use on the Caledonian sleepers. The loco's in action on the beds for all or part week were 90016, 90042 and 90046. The trains worked by the 90s included 5S95, 1S26, 1B26 and 1C11. Please note that 90042 returned to the FOC in the early part of the week for reps.
4.On the 7th March 2018, Greater Anglia hired 90034 for an indefinite period. It went light engine from Wembley to Ilford as 0Z90. The DB90 is to be used to heat MK3 carriages, which go to Ilford for maintenance, but also expected to work some movements between Norwich and Ilford on an ad-hoc basis.
5. Virgin Trains East Coast continued to hire loco's from DB Cargo this week, which included 90029 and 90039. Due to ongoing shortages of 91s, VTEC used the hired 90s all week and on a couple of days both engines were out working service trains restricted to Leeds and Newark.
6. There were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week, which included 90001, 90006, 90010, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90042, 90043, 90044 and 90049. The reason's for the stoppages included routine maintenance; heavy overhauls and wheelset repairs/overhauls.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen on the main website.