Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:52 am Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 17th June 2018
|The key highlights from week commencing 17th June 2018 have been summarised below:
1. DB Cargo class 90s continued to be hired to Virgin Trains East Coast this week for use on MK4s.The loco's in action for the TOC were 90019, 90036 and 90039 for all or part of the week. Note that most of the workings involved trips to and from Leeds, but 90019 went to Newcastle on the 17/6/18.
2. Freightliner class 90s continued to be hired to GBRF this week for use on the Caledonian sleepers. The loco's in action on the beds for all or part of the week included 90047 and 90048, which operated a mixture of services for all or part of the week including 1S25, 1M16, 1B26, 1C11, 1S26 and 1M11.
3. Pairs of DB Cargo and Freightliner 90s continued to work their booked freight jobs this week, which included 4M25, 4M27, 4M49, 4S44, 4S45 and 4S47. The engines in action as pairs included 90018/90040; 90041/90049 and 90042/90046.
4. Over in Anglia, engineering work took place at the weekend and there were some operational issues with the fleet in resulting trains being swapped and cancelled In addition, 90034 continued to be hired to Greater Anglia for ETH purposes at Ilford depot.
5. There were a number of 90s in and out of action for all or part of the week. The loco's out of service included 90006, 90012, 90016, 90020, 90021, 90026, 90043 and 90044. The reasons for the stoppages included general maintenance; wheelset repairs; heavy overhauls and pending parts.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages.