Joined: 26 Jan 2011
|Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:35 pm Post subject: Key Highlights w/c 22nd July 2018
|The key highlights from week commencing 22nd July 2018 have been summarised below:
1. DB Cargo 90s continued to be hired by the new LNER operator this week for use on MK4s. The loco's reported to have worked for the TOC included 90018 and 90029 as well as 90036.
2. Freightliner continued to hire loco's to GBRF this week for use on the Caledonian sleepers. The 90s in action on the beds for all or part of the week were 90043 and 90044 which performed a mixture of services including 1B26, 1C11, 1M11 and 1S26.
3. Over in Anglia, 90034 continued to be hired by the TOC, which was based at Ilford for the entire week for ETS purposes. Note there were no reported workings for the DB90. In addition, there were a number of issues relating to the availability of LHCS resulting some services being replaced by EMUs.
4. DB Cargo and Freightliner 90s continued to operate in pairs this week on their booked intermodal freight trains of 4S44, 4S45, 4S47, 4M25, 4M27 and 4M49. The engines in action as pairs were 90028/90040; 90049/90046; 90042/90045 and 90041/90044.
5. On the 28/7/18, UKR ran a charter on the WCML to and from Euston. The outward portion ran with 90020 Euston to Carlisle with 67020 DOR. Upon arrival at Carlisle, 90020 then ran light engine to Preston in order to work the remainder of the part the tour from Preston to Euston after taking over from 67020, which remained with the train throughout.
6. On the morning of the 24/7/18, GA loco 90013 could be found working 1P04 from Liverpool Street to Norwich. However, the train suffered technical issues near Bethnal Green and limped back into London. The failed set was rescued by 37405, which ran light engine from Crown Point and dragged the set ecs back to Norwich atop of the DVT with 90013 DOR.
7. Finally, there were a number of 90s in and out of traffic for all or part of the week. This included 90001, 90008, 90011, 90015, 90016, 90021, 90024, 90026. Reasons for the stoppages included wheelset issues; general maintenance exams; heavy exams abnd waiting parts.
There is nothing else that needs to be added here, but should you require more details on what worked what and when, then please refer to the archived news and gen pages on the main website.