WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC

When music was good

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
the flamingoes and other musos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Groups
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chalky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: the flamingoes and other musos Reply with quote

hello all you beat fans.

Is that Terry Callanan with the Flamingos ( photo shown ) ?

Does anyone know where John Shaugnessy from the group " the Vogue" is now.

I know that Stan Fisher ( drummer ) is still living in warrington.

Geoff Moss ( drummer ) - where is he now ?

ps Pete rigby still owes me £2 . 10 shillings from 1963 !!!!!

If he gets in touch I will work out the interest ( compound !) owed.

How is his brother doing ?
Ivor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: The Flamingos Reply with quote

Picture of Flamingos. l to r, Mike Osborne, Gordon Ball but not sure of the other two.
I remember the group as, manager and rhythm guitarist and mentor, Gordon Ball, bass guitarist, Mike "Ozzie" Osborne, drums Johnny Cheetham, singer Dave "Tom Cat" Taylor, lead guitar Ivor Moore.
Based in Lymm, aspiration was to beat the Renegades in a local competition.
Played in and around Warrington but favourite gig must ahve been Holts Cafe, Lymm, even if the power supply was likely to kill you! Reslo mikes spring to mind!!!!!!!!!!
I played a Hofner Futurama, Burns Vista Sonic and a Gretsch orange Double Cut Away Chet Atkins during my time with them and spent happy times with Gordon and Wendy at their bungalow in Lymm. I remember Curtis, Gordons brother - nice guy.
Chalky? Not Chalky White of violin shaped bass and six string specials?
Happy New Year to some of the best friends a guy could hope for during those strange times.
Ivor Moore
chalky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Ivor

If you are the muso of the island living and former harmony pillage. yes I am the guitar man. Glad to hear you are 'thriving' and not brown bread like (sadly) lotsof pals from the 60's.
Bet you don't still have the gretsch. I remember keith Roberts of crimping fame using a gretsch when all us serfs were still cutting our fingers to bits on framus and futurama. Are you playing? It would be rude not to !
On a nostalgia theme. Does anyone know where. Geoff Moss and John Shaugnessy are, former drums and bass with The Vogue. Sadly our singer Keith Jarman died. I believe he was related to Harry Jarman a well know musician in warrington. Lymm musos - my brother in law Joe Harrison, guitarist was over from canada visiting Lymm in the summer, perhaps if anyone remembers him they could contact me. He is still blowing up a storm with his own band in british columbia. Rock n roll keeps you young!
Ivor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: I am That Man Reply with quote

Hello Chalky
Yep, That's me and no, I don't have the Gretsch anymore - sold it to Keith Roberts when we got together and I went on bass - 1968 Precision! Sold that one as well!!!!! Keith traded the Gretsch in for a Les Paul which is what he used in Harmony Pillage and I bought a Hayman 4040 in black to match his Les. Keith Bowyer was on drums after Stan Bennet left us. We had been the Artful Dodgers up to then but Keith B's vocals gave us the sound we were looking for and enabled us to do the big harmony's. Still in touch with the Keith's, usually at the annual Kingsley bash at Roberts pad.
After more than twenty years abroad, returned in 2006 and moved to the Isle of Man to be near David when he was taken ill. Played with him in a country rock band for a short while but don't play any more although still have all my gear. Spend time repairing and setting up the occasional axe and making the odd special - lap steel on the go at the moment.
I recently found the Renegades site which has a shed load of pics and info so I joined that. Worth a Google.
Glad to hear from you Chalky,
Very best wishes,
Ivor
palfers
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find Pete Rigby on 'Facebook', but getting your money back! don't bank on it.
stevecook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Good post Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this kingroot apk download
stuart

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject: good job Reply with quote

This is awesome post best electric scooter
harryhugh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click Here to Download Tubemate For PC

Well, Tubemate YouTube Downloader is one of the most renowned apps in the digital market place because from here you can download all the videos which are available on YouTube. Here, you can get almost each and every video and you can download them in a desirable format.
Mariya Adems

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download TubeMate for PC for direct downloading videos from youtube on pc.
Arjun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the link to download Tubemate for PC

Well, Tubemate YouTube Downloader is one of the most renowned apps in the digital market place because from here you can download all the videos which are available on YouTube. Here, you can get almost each and every video and you can download them in a desirable format
Google Tez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Google Tez Apk Reply with quote

Google Tez Apk is the one of the best app for payment online And use as digital wallet and the world famous company google has launched this app
mannmithun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: getapk download app Reply with quote

download the latest app and enjoy
Getapk market

Getapk market apk

Getapk market download
Ankit Solanki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Best site Reply with quote

I like it ,
if you want to buy an expired domains, you can visit the list of Top Sites to Buy Expired Domains
Floyd Smith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: periscope for pc download Reply with quote

if you want to watch periscope for your PC you can download from here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WARRINGTON SIXTIES MUSIC Forum Index -> Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: