Standard Poodle Club Forum

Standard Poodle

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister   RSSRSS

Password
Log me on automatically each visit I forgot my password
Taking care of your new fish!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Standard Poodle Club Forum Forum Index -> Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Taking care of your new fish! Reply with quote

Taking care of your new fish!

Feeding Your Fish: Like any other pet, fish need to be fed. Fish should usually be fed once or twice a day with no more food than the can eat in about five minutes. You can find the correct type of food for your fish at your local pet shop.

Checking Water Quality: It is vital to your fish's health that you keep your tank clear and unpolluted. Chemicals such as chlorine will kill your fish. Also, it is important to keep your aquarium's pH at a neutral level. It's a good idea to test your aquarium's water occasionally to make sure no problems occur.

Using Chemicals: Never use household cleaners on or near your tank. You're much better off using a clean stainless steel pad. If you're building your own aquarium or repairing a leak, make sure you only use silicon sealants recommended for fish tanks.

Changing Water: I recommend changing at least one third of your tank's water every three to four weeks. Don't put water into your aquarium straight out of the faucet. Let it sit for at least 24 hrs or use some type of water conditioner. Use the Fluval FX6 for changing the water.

Sick Fish: When one of your fish becomes sick, you should immediately move them to a separate tank. Consult your local fish store owner or look in a book about various fish diseases for further advice.

When Problems Arise..

W hether it's cloudy water or sick fish, every aquarium is bound to run into problems eventually. Because there are way too many possible problems for me to go over on this page, I recommend arming yourself with The Complete Aquarium Problem Solver. This book can be a real lifesaver for your fish. It's got loads of great information and has certainly kept my fish healthier.
sarahjoie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the guide.. Anyways, I recently published a guide on air fryers for fish frying.. you might want to check it out here. https://www.maggcom.com/best-buys/home/best-air-fryers/

Lets i forget. Happy Easter in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Standard Poodle Club Forum Forum Index -> Welfare All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: